By: Maralee McKee New? Start here!
Welcome to this week’s curation of manners links and more to love, gathered from around the web. This week’s curation has a theme: honesty.
- Mike Rowe, TV host of the Discovery Channel show Dirtiest Jobs and star of the Viva paper-towels commercials made public a letter — a very honest letter — that a Girl Scout wrote to a friend of Mike’s asking the friend to consider buying some of her Girl Scout cookies. Mike reads the letter in this video that went viral. Honesty is endearing!
- What happened after the Girl Scout’s letter went viral? For one thing, CBS News wanted to introduce her to all of us! Meet Charlotte, who asks, “If you’re not honest, then what are you?” She’s one sweet, smart cookie!
The Value and Beauty of Honesty
- Why is honesty so important? “It’s the place where truth and love intersect,” as beautifully stated in this post: 5 Reasons Why Honesty is Important.
- In this very short fictional story from India, we find out how one CEO used honesty to pick his replacement. It’s a modern fable.
- Not sure whether someone is being honest with you? Here are 8 quick tips from former CIA officers that will get the other person to tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
From the Blog:
- Grocery Cart Etiquette — You’re Going to Wish Everyone Used This! (Small niceties and everyone being on the same page can make big differences in the ease of our everyday encounters, making life a little less stressful.)