Helping Moms Help Their Kids Grow Into Amazing Adults
Earned the Prestigious Mom's Choice Gold Award for Excellence in Parenting Books
Imagine Your Kids Thriving in Life Today and Every Day from Now On
Earned the prestigious Mom’s Choice Gold Award for Excellence in Parenting Books!
If you want your children to shine today and thrive in their relationships throughout life, this is the modern manners manual for you!
Maralee McKee, mom of two boys, teacher to hundreds of thousands of children and adults, and founder and director of The Etiquette School of America, shares more than 100 vital people skills in this guide that is easy to read and apply.
Written by a mom for moms, the goal of this book is to teach you everything you need to know to equip YOU to lead your children by example!
Here’s a secret — learning by your example is the ONLY way their manners will ever be authentic.
With Manners That Matter for Moms, you will have children, tweens, and teens who…
- Are genuinely confident, at ease, and thoughtful.
- Replace eye-rolling and “whatever” with meaningful, kind conversations.
- Turn off their techno-gadgets and plug into the people around them.
- Replace awkward moments, nervous introductions, and less-than-great first impressions with gracious, easy interactions.
- Are prepared for dining anywhere and are gracious hosts and great guests.
- Use the skills you teach them even when you’re not around, as their manners become natural expressions of their character and heart.
The skills you’ll find are up to date, never pretentious or stuffy, and just right for our casual, techno-savvy culture.
Written in Maralee’s warm, best-friend style, this isn’t a big book of dos and don’ts. The how-tos are broken up into easy-to-digest pieces and interwoven with stories that will have you laughing and crying.
Maralee shares her story so you get to know her and aren’t taking advice from a stranger.
This is more than an etiquette book. It’s your go-to guide to raising amazing children who always know how to lay out the welcome mat but will never be anyone’s doormat!
These Three Tools Alone Are Priceless
Maralee’s simple formula that makes teaching manners a pleasure instead of a burden. You’ll never have to become the etiquette police in your home.
The Top 100 Manners Checklist. The manners your children need to know before they grow. The book shares how to tackle every skill on the list easily.
“Growing in Graciousness” easy next-level skills to advance your children as they mature.
Praise from Professionals
One aspect of parenting is to craft with great intentionality children’s behavior in order to shape their hearts. Manners build character. Start today with Maralee’s book as your guide.
Director, FamilyLife and Blended Family Ministries
Manners That Matter for Moms covers the most important topics in child-rearing. The book is sure to be a blessing to moms. At some point, we all come to the end of instructing our children and let them go into the world. This book is a wonderful compass for moms.
TV Host, Author, Supermodel
Manners Matter, and since our children will live in our homes only 21 percent of our lifetimes, it’s essential that we reach them through simple daily connection points. In a time when manners seem all but forgotten, your children will have a huge advantage if you show them how to carry themselves wisely. Maralee McKee will teach you how to do that in this life-application resource, which systematically guides parents in building extremely successful kids.
Director of the LifeWorks Group
Executive Director, International Christian Coaching Association
What a joy it is for me to endorse Maralee’s new book on manners. I feel very strongly that America needs this information and encouragement. Maralee, in her warm, practical, and up-to-date style shares simple skills children will need in order to flourish in our current culture. Regardless of your age, it will help you gain confidence in all your relationships. This information is broader than just etiquette. It takes so little to be above average, and this book will help you do that.
Founder of More Hours in My Day
Author of over 70 books
Maralee’s writing is compassionate and completely engaging. This immediately helpful guide offers parents and children principles for kindness, sensitivity, and courtesy in today’s world.
Author of Peak with Books and Doors to Discovery
Founder, Playful Early Learners
- A fun three-question Etiquette I.Q. Quiz at the start of each etiquette chapter to test your knowledge about the skills you’re about to encounter!
- Wonderful, inspiring quotes
- A Bible study at the end of each lesson for personal or group use
- Maralee’s eight-step process for teaching manners. Use these steps, and through leading by example, teaching manners will be a delight and not a burden in your home. Plus, your children’s manners will spring from their hearts and will never be window dressing.
- “Growing in Graciousness” skills that level up the manners so you can add them when your children reach the right age and stage for their development.
- “Mom-to-Mom Moments” are social skills just for you, or special helps for how you can get your children to incorporate the manners they learn into their everyday interactions.
- Illustrations for when a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Maralee’s favorite recipe for gifting friends. And how great recipes and good manners have a lot in common!
- Never take candy or vital advice from strangers! People always ask Maralee, “How did you become an etiquette expert?” The story isn’t what you’re probably expecting. In chapter two she shares the amazing journey Christ has taken her on. You’ll know her as a friend when you finish chapter two!
What Other Moms Are Saying
Children really should exit the womb holding a copy of this book! This is a manners book but it is also a guide for any parent who wants to equip their child for success, love, and happiness in their adult life.
I couldn't put it down! I not only like the way that the book is so easy to read and understand, but also like that it is inspirational. It's a must-buy for every family.
This book has earned a permanent place on my nightstand!
Great for kids and adults! My wife is teaching from this book in a Classical Christian school. She bought copies of the book for every family and every teacher. We even sent a copy to our son who will soon attend an executive conference.
A wonderful book on manners. Maralee doesn’t leave any stone unturned in her instructions for us or our children on how to be confident without being a "stuffed shirt." You’ll have confidence in your children knowing they will make you proud.
This book takes the guess work out of teaching children about manners. Etiquette is needed in our society & homes like never before. Children need to be taught kindness not only w/words but by example. This book will show you how to apply what you have read to your life & to the lives of others
This book is a MUST READ for anyone with Children or Grandchildren! Wonderful advice! Even I learned a lot from it! This book is educational while still interesting. You really have to read this one! LOVED IT!!!!
I was very humbled and somewhat embarrassed that I don't exhibit nearly the manners outlined in this book and I didn't know half of them existed. I feel much better prepared to raise my kids with manners after reading this book. I highly recommend it for every parent!
So utterly impressed! Don't let this book fool you. This is not written by a prissy (woman) looking down her nose at me and my unpolished children... not even close. This book is written by a tender-hearted mom who wants to help other mothers prepare their children as best as they can to be ready for being gracious, pleasant, loving people in the world around them.
Use Code: FREEPLEASE
Autographed and Personalized Copy
Free Bookmark and Free “Manners Matter Here” Magnet
Buy for Friends and Family and Save
2 to 4 copies
$10.38 each copy
5 to 9 copies
$9.09 each copy
10 or more copies
$7.79 each copy