Here’s a curation of links from around the web gathered for your reading delight this Thanksgiving week!
- What really was on the menu on the first Thanksgiving? Smithsonian Magazine shares this insightful guide about what was served that first Thanksgiving. It makes me thankful that I was born in the era of sweet potato casserole and pecan pie.
- In-laws and the holidays can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending upon your relationship with them. Whether you’re visiting the in-laws or you are the in-laws, this article (part of a series) from Focus On The Family offers advice on how to protect and/or improve these important relationships.
- Here are ten things grateful people do differently than others. It’s a perfect read for this season of gratitude and beyond.
- Ryan Reynolds, the father of two daughters (he’s married to actress Blake Lively), in the video posted within this article shares his delivery room etiquette for dads-to-be. In the hecticness of all the preparations that go into Thanksgiving, it’s fun, and needed, to take a minute to slow down and laugh. CAUTION: There is a curse word in the article. However, there are none in the video.
Favorite Instagram This Week:
On The Blog:
- How to Choose and Give The Perfect Hostess Gift. Needed info if you’re going to be a guest at Thanksgiving or at an upcoming Christmas party.
- 5 Manners to Help Making Christmas Shopping Merry and Bright. Check out this post before heading out the door for Black Friday.
- How to Change People’s Gift-Giving Expectations of You. Tired of all the spending Christmas brings your way? Does your budget not allow you to buy gifts this year like you have in the past (or you just don’t want to spend as much)? Here’s how to set others’ expectations graciously.
Special blessings this Thanksgiving,