By: Maralee McKee, Manners Mentor
A weekly curation of links I love from around the web! You’ll find a mixture of helpful, inspirational, and informational posts that span manners and much more. I’ve gathered them all for your perusal and enjoyment!
- These mesmerizing photos show ballerinas dancing in the streets. The dancers show such grace, strength, and beauty. A beautiful collection of an Instagram artist. Amazing!
- What if interacting with the young lady behind the donut counter not only made a difference in her day but changed your day too? And what if it didn’t just change your day? What if it permanently impacted your resolve to be the kindest version of yourself? I wish I had written this. Yet if I had, we wouldn’t all have the joy of reading the words of the exquisite Michele Cushatt.
- Panic attacks are my Achilles’ heel. They have been since I was in my early twenties. Mine tend to occur while driving and in large open areas like shopping malls. If you’ve ever had one, you know you’ll do just about anything not to have another one. Here are 31 actually helpful tips for dealing with panic attacks from people who have them. Tip numbers three, six, and thirteen are ones I use regularly because they help me. If you have or have had panic attacks and have advice, I’d love to know it. You can always reach me by email at [email protected].
- You have to love Judge Judy! In this short clip, the good judge wants us to know a few situations where she does not approve of texting. She also wants to know whether anyone has written a book on the subject. Her bailiff, Byrd, tells her it’s probably online. Judge Judy, I haven’t dedicated an entire book to the subject, but Byrd’s still right, since I have posted almost a book’s worth of blog posts on this very topic. I agree with everything Judge Judy says in this video clip, as you’ll see in the posts you’ll find below the clip:
From the Blog
- 7 Ways to Text with Graciousness and Savvy
- What to Do When People are Paying More Attention to Their Cell Phone Than to You
- The Most Annoying Cell Phone Habits and How to Avoid Them
Blessings on your week,